Jan 22, 2012

A Whole New World

Penned down by Unknown at 11:53 PM
                        Books amaze me. The way a single book, a single chapter, a single page, a single line can turn my life upside down is the most baffling thing. The impact words can create is breathtaking. When I advise or rather urge a non reader to pick up a book, I want them to understand the urgency with which I speak. For everyday passing without a novel in hand, is a day half lived. It doesn't make a difference as to what you read. What counts, the only thing that counts is that you open the pages of something that opens your mind to a whole new world and captures your heart like none other can.

12 opinions:

Azaad on Jan 23, 2012, 12:28:00 AM said...

Rach i used to get bored piking up novels because they were so big. Slowly i am turning into a reader . Really it is useful . To learn and enter in a new world. Love u for that. Good post.

Unknown on Jan 23, 2012, 12:33:00 AM said...

Happy to know you have started reading. Thanks Adi. <3

monamour on Jan 23, 2012, 1:15:00 AM said...

I love reading! boooks are awesome.

Chandana on Jan 23, 2012, 9:01:00 AM said...

Well said! I couldn't live without books for even a single day!

♥ www.thegirlatfirstavenue.com

Confused Soul on Jan 23, 2012, 11:22:00 AM said...

I miss reading like before.. I used to have the habit, but now I feel I don't have the time to.. I think I will again.. :)

Unknown on Jan 24, 2012, 10:36:00 AM said...

Yeah you should pick them up again :)

Raja on Jan 24, 2012, 4:56:00 PM said...

One life changing novel is better than 100 random novels. :)

Sadhana. on Jan 24, 2012, 5:42:00 PM said...

LOOVe this post. You have managed to articulate how I feel about reading and books 100x more accurately than I ever could have! :)

phatichar on Jan 25, 2012, 12:07:00 PM said...

I agree..totally. :) Lovely post. Short yet told a lot.

Aliza Khan on Jan 26, 2012, 12:41:00 AM said...

Couldnt agree more!!!! mtlb k books are like drugs, and once ur addicted, there's no turning back. U just cant stop!!!!

Anonymous said...

Books! i could go on talking about them forever. whenever i find a person as enthusiastic about books as myself, i go nuts. :D
There have been times when i have called up my friends after reading 40 pages of some miraculously amazing novel and telling them that i was in love with the author! :D

Unknown on Aug 19, 2012, 6:19:00 AM said...

@Raja: I couldn't agree more!
@Sadhana: Glad you like it :)
@Phatichar: Thank you :)
@Aliza: they are completely addictive, i'd say more than drugs.
@Diksha: Then we are very similar because I do the very same thing :D

 

Juvenile Thoughts Copyright © 2012 Design by Antonia Sundrani Vinte e poucos