Jun 29, 2013

Do they?

Penned down by Unknown at 12:37 AM
You texted a sweet goodbye as you left for that trip. I felt that pang, that pang of something which you can't really name. We were new and fragile - fragile in a way that only newly strangers turned into lovers can be. You were riding away to a beautiful place to enjoy the calm of nature with some close friends. All I could think of was I wouldn't be there to enjoy it with you. But will a girl ever spill out her emotions? No, not a girl like me. It would show how much I love being with you, how much I want to share everything you are a part of.

And how much I want to be with you, that very fact, my ego couldn't bear.

So I bid you goodbye with a sweet, little smile. Told you to be safe and enjoy every minute. I meant that. I meant it whole.

Life went on that day, just the way life goes on everyday. It doesn't stop for an over emotional, full with pride kid, does it? But what stood apart that day, what took my breath away and filled me with that overwhelming mush that only new lovers can make you feel, is when you told me how you were on the top of a hill, enjoying the scenic beauty and how you wanted me to be there with you so bad - that one moment meant much more than it would ever mean if I'd ever have really come for that trip.

Today, one year later, you'll still go on the same trip, most probably with the same friends - what will be missing though is that one message telling me how bad you want me to be there with you - because strangers don't' say things like that to each other, do they?

5 opinions:

Sushmit on Jun 29, 2013, 11:51:00 PM said...

Is this a rhetorical question? :)

Confused Soul on Jun 30, 2013, 4:11:00 PM said...

aah that feeling..of turning strangers..the longing..everything.. nice :)

Anonymous said...

Been there! Good one.

Unknown on Jun 30, 2013, 11:55:00 PM said...

@Sushmit: Yes :)

@ConfusedSoul & Swathy: *sigh* thanks :)

Red Handed on Jul 4, 2013, 12:58:00 PM said...

STRANGERS DONT....But they do crave...esp when there is history!!

 

Juvenile Thoughts Copyright © 2012 Design by Antonia Sundrani Vinte e poucos