May 29, 2011

The start.

Penned down by Unknown at 4:55 AM
     It all started on some beautiful day when i was just nine. I had an Enid Blyton book in one hand and was tugging mom's dress with the other. I was pleading i wanted the book but for once she didn't say a direct no. She just asked why. I had a simple answer. It had fairies on the cover and i loved all magical creatures,even the trolls (I guess i still do). And for once despite the lack of money to afford it she directly bought it for me. I was overjoyed and couldn't wait to get back home to read it. There started my journey,simple as that. 
     I don't know what it was about that first book but from that day i could never stop. Maybe its the dreamer in me that loves entering the new world every book potentially holds. But more than that i realize its something else. Something that took me 8yrs of reading to figure out. But then,atleast i figured it out.
     Books make me human. In bad times when i feel like i'm going numb a good book full of emotions gets me out of it. They hold the power to make me laugh,cry,smile and think. Every beautiful,good book i read leaves a small part of itself in me.Somehow a book can help me connect to myself. Has anyone ever felt that or is it just me?

    You know you've read a good book when you turn the last page and feel a little as if you have lost a friend. 
-Paul Sweeney.

0 opinions:

 

Juvenile Thoughts Copyright © 2012 Design by Antonia Sundrani Vinte e poucos